Complete a qualification for free* with JobTrainer funding.
JobTrainer funding is available for students looking to develop new skills or for assisting with reskilling in aged or disability care.
*to be eligible for JobTrainer, you must:
- permanently reside in Queensland, and
- be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident (includes humanitarian entrant), temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permits on the pathway to permanent residency, or a New Zealand citizen, and
- have finished school or no longer be at school (including home schooled), and
- not already be enrolled in training (includes VET and higher education courses), and
- not have previously completed a qualification funded under the JobTrainer Fund, and
- either be a job seeker or a school leaver or young person.
Additionally, from 1 October 2021, prospective students can enrol in a digital skills qualification, or an aged care, childcare or disability care workforce qualification, regardless of their age or employment status.
Further to the above eligibility requirements, specific restrictions and/or exemptions may apply to participate in certain subsidised qualifications or short courses, which will be based on industry advice or requirements under the relevant national training package and will be detailed in the JobTrainer Priority List.